Trauma Therapy in Connecticut & Virtually
Trauma is the lasting emotional response that often results from living through a distressing event. Experiencing a traumatic event can harm a person’s sense of safety, sense of self, and ability to regulate emotions and navigate relationships. We specialize in supporting clients in identifying and releasing traumatic experiences and healing through them.
Am I Alone in Dealing with Trauma?
Trauma is a complex issue that affects millions of people worldwide. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 70% of adults in the United States have experienced some form of trauma in their lives. This means that millions of individuals are living with the effects of trauma every day. However, with the right support, healing is possible. Here are some additional points to consider when working on trauma with a therapist:
- Working with a therapist can provide a safe and supportive space for individuals to explore their trauma and work towards healing.
- Different therapeutic techniques can be used depending on the individual’s needs and preferences. For example, talk therapy may focus on exploring emotions and experiences, while cognitive-behavioral therapy may focus on changing negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a specialized therapy that has been shown to be effective in treating trauma. It involves a series of eye movements that help the brain process traumatic memories in a new way.
- Healing from trauma is a journey, and it’s important to be patient and kind to oneself throughout the process. It’s also important to remember that progress may not always be linear, and setbacks are a normal part of the healing process.
- With the right support, individuals can develop a greater sense of resilience and strength, and move towards a more positive and fulfilling future.
Trauma therapy at Embrace Your Difference can help you:
- Find a methodology that works for you
- Alleviate the pain and stress of past experiences
- Learn coping skills
- Develop a greater sense of resilience and strength
- Feel supported on your healing journey
Or if you're ready...
Call us anytime at (203) 936-9213