PTSD Therapy in Connecticut & Virtually
What is PTSD?
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that reacts to physical injury or severe mental or emotional distress. It is a condition that affects about 12 million people per year. We provide therapy to clients who suffer from this condition and also provide different techniques and tools to release the trauma which can be debilitating if not treated.
How to Cope with These Traumas
Experiencing trauma can be a challenging and emotional journey. It’s essential to remember that coping with trauma is a process that requires patience, time, and effort. Here are a few additional ways to cope with trauma:
- Identify your triggers: Trauma can cause triggers that can make you feel overwhelmed or anxious. Identifying what triggers you can help you prepare for potential situations and find ways to manage them.
- Join a support group: Talking to others who have experienced similar trauma can help you feel less alone and offer a sense of community and understanding.
- Write about your experiences: Keeping a journal or writing about your experiences can help you process your thoughts and feelings and better understand your journey.
- Don’t rush the healing process: Healing from trauma takes time, and taking things one step at a time is okay. Be patient with yourself and celebrate small victories along the way.
- Consider therapy or counseling: Seeking professional help can provide you with the tools and support you need to cope with trauma and move forward in your healing journey.
PTSD therapy at Embrace Your Difference can help you:
- Find a methodology that works for you
- Alleviate the pain and stress of past experiences
- Learn coping skills
- Develop a greater sense of resilience and strength
- Feel supported on your healing journey
Or if you're ready...
Call us anytime at (203) 936-9213